Monday, September 9, 2013

CANIDAE’S New Grain Free Dog Treats are “Pure Heaven!”

By Keikei Cole, canine guest blogger

Holy Mackerel! Correction, I should say yummy duck and salmon. I was going through my daily lessons the other day, not paying close attention to my regular tiny meal (aka my treat) the boss had in her hand. When I heard “Good Girl,” I knew my treat was on its way to my mouth. Imagine my surprise when I discovered a different taste. I noticed a hint of duck as I crunched away. No way! I figured it was my imagination left over from my duck hunting dream. Come to find out, it was one of CANIDAE's new grain free Pure Heaven dog treats.

I have no idea how the boss finds these great tasting treats, but she does a good job picking out some fine “motivators.” That's what I call those tiny meals she rewards me with when I do something good. Sometimes I get some just because she loves me! Cool, huh? Anyway, she smiled while I smacked my way through one treat, and then gave me a different one. She said one biscuit was called Pure Heaven Duck and Chickpea, and the other one was Pure Heaven Salmon and Sweet Potato. Is a chickpea related to a duck? Oh wait... I bet that's what little ducks are called?

Later, I had the boss out for her walk and we ran into my canine buddies Gunner and Eva. The humans were yakking away when all of a sudden the boss pulls out some of MY new CANIDAE treats. Well, I sat immediately. Gunner and Eva took one sniff of the offered treat, and did the same thing. Gunner's mom was surprised that he snarfed his, because he’s pretty picky about the treats he eats. Later that evening, Gunner sent me a message via doggy grapevine, and said he absolutely loved that treat! So, these new grain free treats must be exceptionally good if Gunner likes them.

The boss says I need to learn how to use my inside voice when we're outside at night. Hey, I think barking is appropriate anytime I feel a need to speak! But with the right motivators, I'm willing to learn anything. She gave me some of the new treats, and then wanted to know what I thought of them.

Well, I'm a nose gal, and smell is the most important “ingredient” in any quality dog treat or food, in my view. So I asked for another one so I could evaluate it properly. BOL. It crunches nicely, so that must mean the texture is good. And it helps keep my teeth clean, which is a plus from where I sit.

I'm gonna start holding out for the Pure Heaven treats for the advanced lessons the boss wants me to learn. Although just between you and me, there's no way I'll turn down a CANIDAE Snap-Biscuit or TidNips motivator either.

Want to know what's in the new Pure Heaven treats? I didn't, but the boss told me anyway, and now I can pass it on to you. A little history trivia, since I live with a history nut. One of the first seeds cultivated by early humans was sesame seeds, and they are mentioned in documents going back 3,600 years! That's a long time, especially in dog years. Sesame seeds are a good source of vitamins and minerals, so that’s why they’re included in the Duck and Chickpea treat. There's also avocado oil, which is supposed to be healthy, and turmeric, a spice that is thought to help boost the immune system.

The Salmon and Sweet Potato treat includes a superfood called quinoa. It comes from the ancient Incas who lived in the Andes Mountains in Peru. Quinoa is a good source of fiber and protein. There's also extra virgin olive oil and cinnamon, a super-spice that's even good for humans to eat. And on top of all the healthy stuff packed inside these tiny meals – they are made right here in the U.S.A. Man, it makes my mouth water just thinking about them. I think it's time for a training session!

So my fellow canines, don't be afraid to ask for the best and tastiest noms you can get. The Pure Heaven grain free dog treats are yummy motivators, and they’re really healthy. These tasty biscuits are aptly named too – because they are pure heaven!

Read more articles by Keikei's "boss," Linda Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...